Looking for fun things to do in French Lick IN? The Big Splash Adventure Water Park in Indiana features 4 water slides and attractions for kids of all ages. It’s a great way to spend the day. Keep reading to learn more about visiting.
This past weekend we had the opportunity to visit the Big Splash Adventure Water Park in French Lick, Indiana. We have never visited an indoor water park before so we were so excited about getting to spend the day playing in the water.
No time to read this now? Click here to pin this information for later.
About Big Splash Adventure Water Park in Indiana
Big Splash Adventure in French Lick Indiana is a 40,000 square foot indoor water park, featuring pirate-themed decor. It has several water slides, a lazy river ride, and tons of fun for the entire family. With one of the largest retractable roofs in the United States, the temperature in the park is always pleasant and comfortable.
Big Splash Adventure is open 9:30 am to 9:30 pm during the summer months. (Be sure to check their operating hours if you are visiting during other times of the year.)
Big Splash Adventure indoor waterpark resort features 154 guest rooms and water park admission is included with your stay. If you just want to visit for the day and camp elsewhere nearby, day passes to the water park are also available.
Big Splash Adventure Water Slides and Other Attractions
- 4 water slides (2 require an inner tube, 2 don’t). Silver Beard’s Revenge sends you down a tube to a large bowl where you spiral toward the center and then splash down into a run out. The other inner tube slide is the Jolly Roger Jetty which sends you hurling through seven curves before depositing you into the splash pool. Scallyway Scuttle and Pirate’s Plunder are both fully-enclosed fast and winding body slides.
- Lost Treasure Lagoon. This indoor pool area features water basketball, a Vortex section which features a circular current, and a Lilypad to cross.
- Lost River. This lazy river ride will send guests floating through the park with lots of fun surprises along the way, including waterfalls and water jets.
- Splish Splash Pool. This area of the Big Splash Adventure park in French Lick Indiana is just for babies and toddlers. There are baby swings which allow little ones to dip their toes in the water while swinging. There is also a toddler sized slide. The whole area is just 9 inches deep.
- Buccaneer Bay. This area for younger kids features lots of interactive play, water sprays, and two body slides. The 1,000 gallon dumping bucket is also great fun when it sends water dumping onto guests below on the platforms.
- Palm Cove. This is an adults only area with a hot tub for guests 18 and older. It is perfect for for moms and dads who want to relax for awhile. The water is a balmy 101 degrees and features soothing water jets to help you unwind a bit.
- Doubloon Lagoon. This is the outdoor pool at Big Splash Adventure Water Park in Indiana. During the summer months, you can head outdoors and soak up the sun. Younger kids will enjoy the water geysers while older kids will enjoy playing a game of water basketball.
For non-swimmers visiting Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark Resort
My kids don’t have much opportunity to swim, and despite having taken lessons have never really gotten good at it. So I was concerned that they would be stuck in the kiddie area the entire time. I am happy to say that they were able to participate in everything at Big Splash Adventure in French Lick Indiana. None of the water is very deep. If I remember correctly, the deepest water anywhere in the park was less than 4 feet.
As a parent, I definitely appreciated that the water depth is very clearly marked in all areas. In addition, there were plenty of life vests available for kids. So even if your child is not a great swimmer, there is plenty they can do at Big Splash Adventure indoor waterpark resort.
Our favorites at Big Splash Adventure Park in French Lick Indiana
Hands-down, of all the Big Splash Adventure water slides, the kids all said that the Jolly Roger Jetty was their favorite. The girls loved that they could ride it together on a double inner tube.
My husband’s favorite of the Big Splash Adventure water slides was the Silver Beard Revenge. The first time he rode it, he jokingly told me that now he knows what it feels like to be flushed down a toilet! He ended up riding it several times over the course of the day.
Since I didn’t think it was a good idea to go on any of the water slides given my back surgery in January, my favorite ended up being the Lost River ride. It was so relaxing to float along in the inner tube. I also really loved the Palm Cove. So relaxing!
What could be improved at Big Splash Adventure in French Lick Indiana
We had a great time at Big Splash Adventure indoor waterpark resort. However, we did have one complaint. There were not enough inner tubes. They could have easily used twice as many for the number of guests they had! We weren’t alone in feeling this was a problem. This was a complaint we heard over and over again from other visitors as the day progressed.
The problem was that the same inner tubes were used for the lazy river ride and the 4 Big Splash Adventure water slides. Nearly everyone coming down the water slides were taking their inner tubes with them and riding again. So it made for a long wait if you wanted to get your hands on an inner tube.
They need a better way to organize this so it is fair for all guests. The free-for-all system they currently have makes people unnecessarily annoyed when they are supposed to be spending the day relaxing and having fun. I would suggest having an attendant that takes the inner tubes as guests exit the water slides. Then the attendant can pass the inner tubes over to people waiting in line. By organizing this process somehow, they would have happier guests. Just my two cents!
Things to note before you visit Big Splash Adventure Waterpark:
Towels – Complimentary towels are available for hotel guest only. If you are just visiting for the day, you need to bring own beach towels. Actually from what we saw, the towels provided are pretty small. So you will probably want to bring your own beach towels even if you are staying overnight at the resort.
Snack bar – Just off the arcade is a snack bar where you can grab a quick lunch. They offer pizza (which seemed to be a popular choice), burgers, hot dogs, etc. So if you are going to be there over lunch time, you don’t have to leave the water park to eat.
Lockers – We had come prepared with a bag full of quarters to stow our stuff in a locker. We discovered that Big Splash Adventure Park in French Lick Indiana has a different sort of system for their lockers. For a small fee, you can rent the locker for the whole day. You are given a wrist band that contains an RF chip which will allow you to get in your locker as many times as you want over the course of the day. You just hold the wristband up to the lock and it unlocks it for you.
We had a bit of an issue with our wristband. My husband had been wearing it and when he got off one of the waterslides, he noticed it was missing. He had no idea how it came off. Normally you have to cut those wristbands off with scissors! At any rate, a very nice Big Splash Adventure employee promptly helped us by getting us a new wristband. He even helped move our stuff over to the new locker we were given. We were so grateful for his help!
Day Pass Rates – The current rate for a day pass is $24.95 for adults and $19.95 for children under 46 inches or seniors 60 and older. (Current prices at the time of publication – but check before you go.) Children 2 and under are free.
Spending The Night – There is a resort attached to the water park, so you can spend the night there if you like. The nightly rate for the room includes a complimentary 2-day waterpark pass for up to 4 guests. However, we prefer to camp. So be sure to read my note at the end of this post about saving up to 50% when camping near Big Splash Adventure
Restrictions On The Water Slides: There were standard theme park ride type warnings on all the water slides. Since I had back surgery in January, I obeyed the warnings and stayed off the slides, even though I would have loved to try them out.
There were also height restrictions on the slides as well, but my kids were all tall enough to go on everything. Just be aware though that if you are visiting with small children or with someone who has had a recent injury or surgery, they might not be able to participate in all the attractions.
All in all we had a wonderful day at Big Splash Adventure. Since we had a three hour drive to get home, we didn’t stay until the waterpark closed, but we felt we got a full day’s worth of fun in anyway since we were there right when it opened.
The waterpark has plenty to do for kids of all ages and we felt it was a good value for the day pass admission price. If you ever find yourself in the French Lick, Indiana area, I highly recommend spending a day at Big Splash Adventure Park in French Lick Indiana.
Save Big on a Campsite near Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark
Would you rather camp than stay in a hotel? Me too! That’s why I recommend buying day passes to Big Splash Adventure in French Lick Indiana and then camping somewhere nearby.
Join the Happy Camper Club and save up to 50% at over a thousand campgrounds in the US and Canada. Click on the banner below for more info on joining and to check for campgrounds near Big Splash Adventure.
Quick Links to Info on This Page
- About Big Splash Adventure Water Park in Indiana
- Big Splash Adventure Water Slides and Other Attractions
- For non-swimmers visiting Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark Resort
- Our favorites at Big Splash Adventure Park in French Lick Indiana
- What could be improved at Big Splash Adventure in French Lick Indiana
- Things to note before you visit Big Splash Adventure Waterpark:
- Save Big on a Campsite near Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark
Pin this post for later:
While you are here, be sure to check out the rest of our fun things to do in Indiana posts.
So tell me… Have you ever visited Big Splash Adventure Water Park in Indiana? How did you like it?